|Concept:||Know it all|
|Covenant:||Lancea et Sanctum •|
|City:||St. Louis •|
|Embraced:||November 5th, 2015|
|Storyteller:||St. Louis VST|
Silas LaFontaine stands around 6'1" and weighs in at about 150 lbs. He's a tall, skinny man. He has a long mane of brown hair, flowing down past his shoulders, almost to mid-back. Sometimes he leaves this down, but is also known to wear it in a bun. His eyes are a bright blue, and he normally wears tinted glasses, ranging from red to brown to black depending on the outfit.
He normally dresses in expensive leather shoes, black or grey slacks, and a button down shirt of any number of colors. The shirt sleeves are normally rolled up, and the top button or two of the shirt is undone. This allows his necklaces and bracelets to be visible, of which he always has a few. He wears at least 2, if not more, bracelets on each wrist, and at least two necklaces.
Silas is quiet and reserved most of the time, choosing to observe more than interact. However, he can be very pleasant and social when needed, or if he has something to gain from the experience. He's polite and well mannered, but can come off a bit aloof sometimes, as he can get lost in his own thoughts in the midst of conversation.
Being new to the city, people don't seem to think much of him yet. He works nights at the public library, and frequents some of the seedier clubs in the city in his downtime, but beyond that he's basically just another somewhat wealthy guy living in the city. Beyond his slightly eccentric look, he tends to blend in fairly well.
Information Known by Kindred Society
- 1984 - Born to wealthy parents in New Haven, CT. Father was a professor at Yale and mother was a stay at home mom. Childhood was upper class, and Silas threw himself into reading and learning more than anything.
- 1990's - Attended private school and was taught at home by his parents. He never got along with the other "preppy" kids his age, and took to books as a distraction from normal life. He began to skip grades in school and graduated at 15 in 1999, starting college at Yale the next year.
- 2008 - Graduted Yale with a double masters in psychology and theology. Took a year off in 2009 and went abroad to England.
- 2010 - Returned to Yale and became a professor, teaching psychology during the day, and a night class on theology once a week. Students seemed to love his classes and often commented that he could teach any subject and make it interesting. He also met Alexis during this time, and quickly developed a deep relationship with her.
- 2014 - While out at a diner people watching, he met a man named Julian and they quickly became friends. In September, he made plans to propose to Alexis. In November of that year, during dinner at his house one night, Julian embraced Silas with no warning.
- 2016 - After learning the ways of his newly found un-life from Julian, he quickly grew into the lifestyle and realized his thirst for knowledge could be used in his favor very readily in the community. With this, he learned the reason for his embrace (Julian's jealousy of the impending marriage) and this drove a wedge between the two.
- 2017 - Keeping a watchful eye on Alexis from afar, and losing his relationship with his sire due to the betrayal he learned of, when he heard of her plans to move to St. Louis for work early next year, he quickly made plans of his own to follow.
- APR - Silas arrives in St. Louis, no belongings, and takes up residence at the Hotel St. Jude.
- NOV - Silas has been squirreled away in the basement of the library for quite a while. Recently, he's been stepping out more, and getting reacquainted with the city.
Julian (last name unknown) - A Mehket, aligned with the Lancea, who took an interest in Silas while he was teaching at Yale. They grew close, and Julian became jealous of his relationship with Alexis. Spurred by this jealousy, Julian embraced Silas one night, in hopes of keeping Silas as a friend for the ages. However, this plan backfired when Silas learned of the reasons for his embrace and broke ties with him. His current whereabouts are unknown, but Silas has an intense dislike for him now, and hopes to never see him again.
- Something caught his attention recently. >.>
Inspirations and Soundtrack
- Interview with the Vampire - the books and movie because they are all amazing.